Settling into nursery
Mar 09, 2016
In our experience, a positive settling in period will have an impact on your child’s happiness during their nursery life as well as determine how they cope with future changes to routine and everyday life.
Our practitioners will guide you through the settling in process to ensure a smooth transition. We aim for both the child and the parents to feel comfortable, relaxed and valued during this time and offer a bespoke transition to suit your individual needs.
How we do it at Dizzy Ducks:
- Your first contact will be a telephone call from your child’s key person, inviting you to your first settle. This is usually a week before you start. If you would like one, we offer home visits.
- Your first settle will be a stay and play hour long session, where you can communicate all the important information that will help us get to know your child and their routine.
- The second settle lasts around 2 hours and we encourage parents to leave the room. This helps children explore their new surroundings independently. Our practitioners will be on hand to support you. When the time come to say ‘goodbye’ our management team will be on hand with a box of tissues and a cup of tea!
- The third normally takes place over a meal time and/or nap time so children can get used to their new routine and surroundings.
- Some children take longer to settle and some settle very quickly.
If you would like to receive our full guide then complete the form on your right!