Scrumptious spicy sweet potato soup
Feb 22, 2016
We all know how hard it can be thinking of new, well balanced dinners.
Here is a soup recipe that we know the children love, we see lots of empty bowls when this is served.
Mildly spiced sweet potato soup
2kg of sweet potato
1 large onion, chopped
1 large clove of garlic
1 heaped tablespoon of curry powder
Approx. – 1-2 litres of vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of oil for frying pan
- Place sweet potato (still in their skin) on a baking tray and bake until soft. Approx. 1hour and 15mins depending on size. Leave to cool in their skin before peeling.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped onions until they are soft.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder to the pan and fry for a further 1 minuet.
- Peel skin off the potato and add to the pan and stir mixture in.
- Add the stock to the pan, a ladle full at a time, until the right consistency for you.
- Cook until it is heated all the way through
- Blend the potato and mixture and serve.